Contributors from WRITERESPONSE share their thoughts on the performances, exhibitions & events that make up
JUNCTION 2010 FESTIVAL & CONFERENCE

LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Monday, August 30, 2010

A QUICK NOTE FROM IAN PIDD

Hi all,

Just pausing for breath after the ride. Finally got around to reading your work. Great to revisit the gig so soon after. I intend to write some reflections in the next few days, once my brain function returns. We are all a bit like Zombies around here.

I especially want to write about the way that the Stompin work used a highly disciplining set of performance principles to completely undo the disciplining urge of the theatre. I also want to try and understand why the knitting on the Town Hall columns gave that building more authority, not less. I also want to think about how The Junc Room was so embraced by the locals (and really transformed a public square that is badly under-utilised), and how rock and roll is a force of nature when wielded by the Puta Madre Brothers. Lordy they are on to something!

It's been a really terrific few days and I do want to thank you all very much for the writing you have done. I'm expecting that once the delegates get home they might wish to contribute to this blog. I'd love to hear lot's and lot's of reflections on both the conference and the festival.

More soon.

Ian

No comments: